People have various answers for this:

  • You are not meant to have it
  • It takes time
  • You don’t want it enough

I am tired of people being robbed of their joy, peace and hope. Let me, therefore, tell you the truth about why you don’t have want you want. I’m sure you’ve heard the expression; Whether you think you can or whether you think you can’t – you are right?

Your mind is the most powerful tool you own. It does EXACTLY what you command of it. Whatever you focus on, it creates. So, let say for example you focus on what you fear? That is EXACTLY what you will experience… What’s the solution; ONLY focus on what you want! What if you only focus on what you want, WITHOUT any doubt and still not get what you want? Your conscious mind (will power) only has 5% power over your life and your unconscious mind,(beliefs, values, emotions, habits, religion, culture) on the other hand, has 95% power over your life.

Thus, if I want a successful business (conscious) but:

  • I believe that my town is quiet in winter time(belief)
  • there’s not enough people to support me(belief)
  • not all people are interested in my product.(perception)

This will cause the unconscious mind 95% to overrule the 5% leaving one always short of the things you do want.

What can we do to overcome this:

  • Step 1: Think BEFORE you THINK… All your thoughts have power and influence your perception.
    Dr. Andrew Newberg, a neuroscientist at Thomas Jefferson University, and Mark Robert Waldman, a communications expert, collaborated on the book, “Words Can Change Your Brain.” An excerpt from their book tells us how using the *right* words can literally change our reality:
    “By holding a positive and optimistic [word] in your mind, you stimulate frontal lobe activity. This area includes specific language centers that connect directly to the motor cortex responsible for moving you into action. And as our research has shown, the longer you concentrate on positive words, the more you begin to affect other areas of the brain.
    Functions in the parietal lobe start to change, which changes your perception of yourself and the people you interact with. A positive view of yourself will bias you toward seeing the good in others, whereas a negative self-image will include you toward suspicion and doubt. Over time the structure of your thalamus will also change in response to your conscious words, thoughts, and feelings, and we believe that the thalamic changes affect the way in which you perceive reality.”
  • Step 2: If you find a contradicting thought towards what you want, find the root of it and CHANGE it.
  • Step 3: ALWAYS have a clear vision of the FINAL OUTCOME of what it is you WAN

When you do these steps and still not get what you want, let me help you find your wings! Elsa Cronje Take a Leap Coaching. (082 540 1673) 

Print Friendly, PDF & Email

Leave a Reply