Remember !! The innocent-looking and very sociable-looking Hubbly, can be more dangerous than cigarettes, because of the illusion that it’s not dangerous !
· The water in the hookah does not filter out the toxic ingredients in the tobacco smoke and filtering through water is almost irrelevant.
· Hookah tobacco and smoke contain toxic substances known to cause lung, bladder and mouth cancers.
· Smoke produced in a typical hookah smoking session of 45 minutes contains 36 times more tar and 8 times more carbon monoxide than smoking one cigarette.
· The mouth piece of the Hubbly can spread Herpes and TB.
Preliminary research on patterns of smoking, the chemistry of the smoke inhaled, and health effects, support the ideas that water pipe smoking is associated with many of the same risks as cigarette smoking.
The science base support the following conclusions:
· Using the water pipe to smoke tobacco poses a serious potential health hazard to smokers & others exposed to the smoke emitted.
· Using the water pipe to smoke tobacco is not a safe alternative to cigarette smoking.
·A typical 1 hour long water pipe smoking session, involves inhaling 100-200 times the volume of smoke inhaled with a single cigarette.